Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's a long road to Tipperary




Only the old people will remember that song. But it is true. Tipperary is in ireland and it is a long road to it. But we didn't take that road we took the road to Dingle and that took 5 hours just like we thought.



I'm getting ahead of myself.



Jerry is looking over my shoulder as I write this in an internet cafe in Dingle.



Flying time was ok. Delta internation is very nice in first class. Our dinner was good and there was plenty of room to stretch out. And from the picture you can see I got my Mimosa. . .plural Mimosas. Yes, Mary is a nice shade of rosy red.



Getting out of the Dublin airport was easy too. no customs at all, we went down a hallway that said "non-EU passport holders" and was dumped right into the Terminal. No check, no guards, it was weird.



Car. . . well. . .it is a KIA. And Black, and has airconditioning. From this sound bite you can tell that JERRY did the driving. He actually drove the whole way to Dingle. I am proud of him. But my kidney's and bladder have a thing or two to say about the suspencion of the car. OMG my kidney's ache. It felt like a wooden roller coaster and I was jiggling out of my bra.

http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320046.WMA

The day is beautiful and clear. Very enjoyable. We got to see lots of the countryside and finally saw hills (mountains). Jerry's commnet here was. . .Look the sheep have tails. . .he had never seen sheep with tails.



We were so tired by the time we got to Dingle we took a nap for two hours and then went to the Dingle Pub for a pint of guiness and Bulmers (cider) then went back to sleep till this morning.



Now our real vacation starts. We had our Irish breakfast. And yes I ate Black pudding. Not as bad as I thought it would be. We got our concert tickets for tomorrow night. And now we are off to drive the Ring of Dingle.



One thing to note. . . .it is storming like crazy outside. Looks just like the Oregon coast. So that sunshine we had yesterday will be all we see till sometime mid week. But we Oregonians are not whimps. Rain. . ? Rain? this isn't no f$%^& rain.



Tonight another pint and music will make the day complete.






CHEERS

No comments: