From there we schlepped our bags to the airport to catch a bus that services all the downtown hotels. 12€ each and the bus looks like a greyhound, us P&Gers know them from our conventions. It is full and we can't sit together. I get this little frail looking old man in a suit with a cell phone that keeps ringing. He is irish.
As we leave the airport and head into town I am getting more and more upset. I don't want to be in the city. Loud, dirty, crowded, not at all my idea of a vacation spot. The bus lumbers alonside an old building. . our stop. . but we don't see our hotel, the driver says to go to the corner. Ok. . .Drag our wheeled duffelbags, clicking on the stone. . . come around the corner and there is a doorman, valets, Tophats and tails. Even bellhops with those pillbox hats with the strap under the chin (visions of the organ grinder monkey). The Grey Tophat takes my bag for me and in we walk to another world. maybe. . .just maybe our day will change.
Ahhhhhhh, a big fluffy white downfilled king size bed with 6 count them SIX pillows sleeping pillows, that doesn't include the wonderful decorated pillows. A HUGE shower with a Rain Shower head. (with wonderful water pressure) Don't look out the window, the view is not good. BUT the White fluffy terrycloth robes, the chocolates and water (free to gold members, which Jerry is), the flat screen TV. . . .Awwww the day is getting better.
Free access to the heritage room. . . (hospitatlity room) with free breakfast, afternoon healthy snacks, dinner horDeurves, and desserts after 7:30pm. Free PEPSI!!!!! yes you read that right PEPSI!!!! I'm in heaven. WITH ICE!!!
Nicely refreshed we took a stroll. I will write about that stroll later.
Then we met up with our German Friends Birgit & Reimer & kids. So cute to be around little ones again. the Burgervill plates & bowls were a hit for Kieran. Ella just wanted to pound them together. Ella turns one year old this month. Kieran is 3 1/2. I nice visit with them and plans for a Sunday meeting are made.
Jerry and I do an evening stroll around our hotel block. We get a history lesson we didn't expect (again more on that later) and fell into the White fluffy bed. . . .
The day ended much better than it started.
Above are pics of Molly Malone of song fame. . .She is singing Cockles & mussels Alive, Alive O. And a pic of a sign. Jerry and I keep doing double takes when we see the To. . . .Let. . signs. ithey look like Toilet on first glance. So here is an Office Toilet for the Penthouse suite.
We have just seen the books of Kells and are off to St. Patricks cathedral.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment