First thing. . .a correction. Last blog I attached the wrong sound bite for Jerry's driving. Here it is.
http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320048.WMA
First pic is of the view out our B&B window into the Dingle Harbor. . . Great looking day. . Eh?
http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320048.WMA
First pic is of the view out our B&B window into the Dingle Harbor. . . Great looking day. . Eh?
Next. . .There will be many sound bites for this blog. And call outs to friends.
This weekend has been full of music and bogs. Hiking through the prehistoric sites has been interesting. Jerry's take on it is. . . ."It's a pile of rocks" Yes dear piles of rocks but what do you expect when the entire island is nothing but rock. Actually if we see a tree it is about the size of a christmas tree and was planted only in the last 15 years. It is a very barren part of the country.
So Jerry. . .guess what we are going to go see next. . .A castle. . ."Great, another pile of rocks."
The pic of Jerry with the Guiness is for Kathy Timmins, Steve & Alyssa. This one is for work friends.
Time up on Connor Pass was like being in the Gorge. . .WINDY!!!! wait till you see the video.
Saturday night we stumbled onto a Ceili. AND OMG what a wonderful evening. http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320054.WMA
and the picture above of people dancing goes with this soundbite. I can't tell you how wonderful and different from an american Ceili this was. The dances were almost exactly like square dancing and . . .for those that have known me many years you will know that I used to square dance. Yes, I actually got onto the floor and did one dance. Jerry didn't have enough Guiness to join me. His loss. And here for my sister Cameron & brother Lee. . .this sound bite is personal. . .you will understand when I say I immediately started crying when I heard the Ceili band play this. http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320058.WMA
With Sunday came a whole new day and a beautiful one at that. Sunshine and light clouds. I started the day with a walk along the harbor. . .on the beach. . it was low tide.
There was a scheduled parade and we got in the middle of it. daughter Cameron this sound bite is for you. http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320063.WMA these are the drummers that were street side during the warm up for the parade. can't find the picture but I'll show you later. They were fun.
There were pipers of course. Note the pic of the drummer for the pipe band.http://gallopinggobets.googlepages.com/WS320065.WMA
Last night was a gala concert that was beyond belief. You probably don't know the name but Shaun Davey is a celebrated composer. he wrote all the music for the 2007 World Special Olympics held here in Ireland. Wrote the sound track to the movie about the Brendon voyage, and won an oscar last year for the music in the movie Once.
Turns out he is from here, Dingle. and he took the poetry from a local man who has now passed on. . and composed music to it. The daughter of the Poet sang and the musicians were all world class. including the original drummer from the original RiverDance cast. We were in a small church out in the middle of no where. A village that had maybe 15 buildings in all and that includes the church. The church held 200 but there were over 300 of us crammed in it. This man and his music is well loved here.
Jerry and I understand totally. We were in awe. and bought the cd of course. You will hear it at the party.
This morning I walked again. Jerry sleeps in. I went to the countryside and had a closer view of the stone walls. Very intersting, would love to know how long it takes for the rock walls to be overgrown with grass/trees/flowers/brambles.
Today we are leaving Dingle for Kenmare, we have had several people say we MUST do the drive through the mountains south of Killarney.
One more note. . .to my sister. . . I had porridge today. You told me they know how to make porridge and we both know I love porridge. . . .soooo. I order Porridge with Brown sugar and cream. Along comes the bowl with brown sugar sprinkled on top with a little ceramic creamer next to it. The cream looked brown but I thought, hmmm ...odd. I poured only a little bit into the bowl and it did look Awfully brown for cream. the dribble that went down the creamer edge I wiped with my finger and tasted it. WHAT!!!! NO??? this can't be?. . .I started giggling and Jerry asked me what was wrong. I waited till the hostess came back to my table and I asked her. . .what is this?. . . sure enough I was right. . . .it was a shot of Baileys. . .for my porridge. . . NOW THAT IS THE WAY TO SERVE YOUR PORRIDGE!!!
And yes it tasted great on the porridge. I ate every last drop!!
Goldilocks would have eaten every bowl of porridge if the bears had served it with Baileys! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment