• suitcase packed. . . .yup . . each day I pack it with different stuff
• Eating down the food in the fridge. . . What’s for lunch?. . .um 2 carrots, a left over 4th of July sausage, no hot dog bun for it but here is a hamburger bun, will that do? and those tater tots that are almost freezer burnt. Yum!
• Prep the living room so son-in-law (David) can scrape the “1970’s popcorn texture ceiling” off. Making way for the new ceiling/carpet and wall paint to be done in Sept.. . . Oh Look. . .there were 9 furry play mice behind the couch. . .That’s where the cat hides them.
• Start feeding cat indoors so he knows where to find his food . . the summertime flies take over the wet cat food so we need to protect it while we are gone.
• Talk to the neighbors about the weird people that will be in our house while we are gone.(No, David, I am not putting you in the category of Weird People.)
• Set up the lawn mowing service
• Stop the Mail
• Stop the Netflix
WAIT. . .I still have to work till Friday 3:30pm. Oh. . . right. . .work. . . .isn’t that why I am taking a vacation??
Jenny was so cute, she sent me an email . Seems she and her mom are “stacking” the house and want to know what Jerry and I would like to have in the way of traditional German food while we are staying with them.
Now. . . Jenny has very good English skills. But sometimes we run into words that just seem to miss the mark. “Stacking?” I think she means stocking.
Hmm, what would we want stocked up. . .BREAD!!! European bread is the best, but you can't stock up on it. It has to be bought fresh everyday. Bread and Butter. . .mmmmmm
Here is Jenny (on the left) and her best friend Bab (short for Barbara and no it is NOT Babs, just Bab)We will be staying with Jenny and visting Bab while in Karlsruhe, our first stop.
Jenny has just graduated from high school last week and this was taken at her ceremony. Bab graduated last year and is in University (as they say in Germany).

I have been working on tanning my legs while in the backyard. Don’t want to look like an Oregonian with my ultra white legs wearing my touristy shorts. Yes, can you believe it. Oregon has finally got to summer this week. . .just in time for us to leave. Got to 100 yesterday and today.
Got my international driver's license yesterday. Why even bother. It's not like I have to take a test. Cost $21 at AAA to have a picture taken and someone write the info on my Oregon driver's license in the booklet for the international one. Silly.
But I might need it if I get a speeding ticket on the Autobahn. HA HA HA HA. More likely I will get a Turtle Ticket on the Autobahn.
It’s going to be harder to yank Jerry away from work. Seems he has to work on Monday. . .long enough to put in timecards & expense reports for all his guys. If I am lucky it will only take 4-5 days before he settles down enough to enjoy the holiday/vacation. Gotta remember that American’s call it a vacation while European’s call it a
HOLIDAY!
1 comment:
I know what you're missing! You forgot to stuff Jaci in your suitcase. Dang - you gotta remember to leave room next time!
Post a Comment