Suisse is a bit backwards. They refuse to be part of the EU so we have to buy Suisse Francs for money. No € are allowed here. We spent another VERY hot day in the city of Friborg which is the large city near where Jerry‘s family came from.
A Bit of Gobet Family history, Jules Gobet married a very young lady, Margarite. Almost 20 years between them. Margarite had a brother that had emmigrated through Canada to Oregon. He wrote home and told his other brother & his mom to come on over. Margarite’s mother convinced Margarite and Jules to come along. So Jules left all his family and a very good job as the village Cheese Master of the Montbovon, start all over in Oregon City, Oregon.
It is the Gobet family he left behind that we are visiting. These pictures will be of interest to our family reading this blog.
Here is Andre & Elizabeth Bulliard. Their son is Xavier who did his master’s degree up in Seattle. Andre has retired, he was the CFO for the large cheese company here. He can speak both french and german so our friend Jenny was able to have some good conversations with him. Also in the picture is MaireJeanne, Andre and she are first cousins.
Here is the view from his living room. We had Raclette for dinner and listened to the wind chimes, that is what I thought I was hearing, then I remembered I’M IN SUISSE!! Those chimes are the bells around the cow’s neck. So we went on a little walk to say hello to the cows. . . .stop laughing at me!
Here are a few pics of Friborg. This is a walled city and built on or around a very deep ravine. Here are parts of the wall, and a few pics of Jenny enjoying the view. We ran into a summer camp where the camp counselors speak english with a british accent. We ate lunch at a little cafe called Trois Canard, three ducks, and the road to it was very narrow, just a road and the river. So the cafe must flood every spring.
I won‘t be rude on this blog, but if any of you remember to, try asking Jerry the name of MarieJeanne’s cats. One of them is named a word that has a different meaning in American. So different that both Jenny and Jerry both would crack up when MarieJeanne would call her.
So there I was not one hour at MarieJeanne’s home sitting on the balcony and it is about 8pm, when in mid-sentence I stop. . .Jump up. . . I heard something VERY familiar. I grabbed my camera and Jerry is getting mad at me. But Jenny hears it too!!! We both run to the edge of the balcony and sure enough, we see. . . . .
Yes, 3 balloons including the Euro Cup balloon, Jenny was so excited.
THEN on our last day at MarieJeanne’s house we are on the same balcony at 8am and I hear it again, but we can’t see it this time. . . . we run around the fields near her house and this is what we found. And checkout the name on the chase vehicle trailer. . . .
Now to drive out of Suisse and join our friends in München or Munich to Americans.
No comments:
Post a Comment