THE MEANDERINGS OF A FEISTY COUPLE. THEIR ADVENTURES ARE NOT ALWAYS HUMOROUS NOR INTERESTING, BUT WE SHARE THEM JUST THE SAME.
Thursday, February 27, 2014
Wunderland
Oh what a wondrous sight I have scene, (no I did not misspell that). In one building I have see 7 hot air balloons ascend and 1 gas balloon ascend. 7 airplanes take off and 2 land and one catch fire. Speaking of fire, there were buildings on fire in every quadrant with 100 fire brigades arriving on the scene. There were massive rock concerts and Jousting tournaments, carnivals and boat races. Castles on water and on mountains. Shipyards and salt mines. This vacation has it all. . . . . .in 3 hours. Welcome to Wunderland. In Hamburg there is a building that has taken the 2-4th floors and changed them into the miniature Switzerland and Germany and America. These pictures do NOT do it justice. Go see the video here.
Warning this will be a picture heavy blog entry, but the pictures will be blurred or lighting wrong. It was hard for me to capture in the different lighting of each section.
Beginning of Switzerland, A model train Meca. note the hot air balloon at the top.
Make sure you click on the pictures so you can zoom in and see the detail they put in each scene. Like the roof top sunbathers.
I spoke to some of the men in charge of the computers attached to every train and plane. What a dream job.
Jerry was entranced by the airport and how the planes took off and landed.
This is of the car park for the airport. Jerry's hands are in the picture. Unlike the US, they don't put up any glass, you can actually touch everything, but the Germans are very well mannered and would never think to disturb this amazing hard work display.
Look Gas balloons!
One of many balloons, but I could capture the people in the basket.
and this one of Montgolfier launch. too funny.
Humor everywhere.
Any Red Bull fans out there. Here is one of their competitions in miniature. Crazy. . . And a camp ground.
While you walk through these scenes every 15 minutes night comes, it is gradual, they have three lights in the ceiling, white red and blue. They use them to simulate dusk and then night time. Then all the lights in the scenes become intregal to the experience. Like the concert where the people are holing up their “lighters” and when the concert begins there are flashes all over the crowd like people taking pictures.
Hey Look a Renaissance Faire complete with Jousting!
For my Steampunk friends, seeing a zeppelin flying around Neuschwannstein, was awesome and then I looked closer and there was also a hang glider. . . too funny.
America section had Miami Beach, Cape Canaveral, Las Vegas, Redwoods, Mt Rushmore.
The drive in theater was playing a REAL movie on the screen it was Angry Birds and all the german kids were huddled around that area to watch it. I could hardly take a picture, that is why there are heads in the way.
In the Redwoods there was Big Foot, I laughed so much, most of the other tourists didn’t get the joke. But then I didn’t get many of the German visual jokes in the other areas. The Grand Canyon had biplanes flying through it and one crashes and you can see the two people parachuting away from the crash site, the plane is on fire.
Fires broke out all over and there would be smoke and you could hear the european sirens and all kinds of Firetrucks come from everywhere. It is so cute to see these little firetrucks going through the streets.
Here you can see the smoke coming from the building. and only a few trucks, within 4 minutes there were 30 trucks for this one fire.
There is a drowned body and the police are trying to tape off the crime scene and there is a diver in the water. The detail is overwhelming.
I am inspired to build more into my villages. Especially my Halloween one after seeing this Halloween maze. And for the winter one maybe not trains but water features and mountains for sure.
More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Oh.My.Gosh - I love it! You didn't have a picture of her, but the video showed Pippi Longstocking holding her horse over her head in one of the scenes. And Big Foot! That's just cool! I bet Jerry liked THAT display. ;)
Post a Comment