THE MEANDERINGS OF A FEISTY COUPLE. THEIR ADVENTURES ARE NOT ALWAYS HUMOROUS NOR INTERESTING, BUT WE SHARE THEM JUST THE SAME.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Achtung!
Time to dust off the Pen (Keyboard) and get the travel blog out again. The Galloping Gobets are at it again.
Here it is almost a year later since the last entry. And the stupid thing is, we did travel. You, dear reader missed out on the Crater Lake trip. Siggi & Manfred came to Oregon for a very short 10 days. We kidnapped them and went to Bend & Crater Lake and then Mt. Hood. Below are a few of those pics.
And now just in case you didn’t already hear the story. One Sunday night in October we were settling into bed so it was around 10:30pm. Jerry was surfing on his phone. He was looking for tickets to Alaska to visit his friends there. I have encouraged him to go on trips without me.
Jerry: So you want to go to Germany in February?
Me: No
Jerry: What? I thought you said you wanted to go in February.
Me: Why are you asking? Fasching week is March 4th in 2014 so I don’t want to go in February.
So he frantically surfs and then comes back to me with
Jerry: OK how about Feb 20th through March 11th?
Me: How Much?
Jerry: $728 round trip.
SOLD!
So on Thursday we will be jetting off to Hamburg first to visit Reimer & Birgit and their two children Ella & Kieran.
From there you will need to read the next blog entry cause when I get to the Fasching celebrations I think it will get real interesting.
A quick itinerary is Hamburg – Karlsruhe – Cologne – Amsterdam – Brussels – Luxemburg – Karlsruhe – Suttgart. And 20 days of friends – Beer – damn good food – and laughter. Boy do I need this vacation!
Labels:
Belgium,
Bend,
Crater Lake,
germany,
Luxembourg,
Mt. Hood,
Netherlands
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment