I'll be the one who worries about how full my work email box is going to be when I get back on July 10th. But. . . I shall banish that from my thoughts as our trip launches.
There are only hours between me (us) and the flight to Frankfurt. The kick off to the longest vacation we have ever had together. If the plans go as expected we will land in Frankfurt on Friday morning. And be whisked away by our friends the Ritz Family.
You will be hearing a lot about them so let me introduce them.
First we have the father. . .Manfred. . .he and Jerry are like crazy brother’s (OK IN THIS PIC THEY MAY BE BROTHER & SISTER), they get in trouble a lot and it usually has to do with Ouzo.
Then we have the mom. . .Siggi (Siglinda). . She and I are pals because we both like creating wonderful things with beads. I foresee a lot of shopping in Venice at glass bead shops and mask shops.

Now we have daughter #1 Sabrina. She is in her mid 20’s and teaches preschool kids. Her boyfriend (serious) is Flo for Florian, he plays soccer A Lot.
And last but not least daughter #2, Jenny. The whole reason this adventure is happening to us. Jenny was a high school exchange student with friends of ours. We blended well and friendship insued.
I know these are crazy pictures so here is a good family photo taken at Silver Creek Falls here in Oregon.
Now you know the players. . .let me set the stage. Our time in Linkenheim (where the Ritz family lives) will be short for we trust our lives to Manfred’s driving us into Italy for a 10 day trek over Alps, through lagoons , around Lakes and into bustling metropolitan cities.
I will try to make the blog an interesting place to visit. You all know I am long winded so I am afraid my typing can be that way too. So get that second cup of coffee and another donut and enjoy a tale that begins like this. . . . .
It’s 5 o’clock this morning, and the sun begins to rise.
(1 euro to the first person that can name that song & artist)
If you want to do a comment on this blog you will need to sign in, you don’t need to start an account with gmail, just use your own email address
1 comment:
Goodbye again by John Denver. No, pass it on to someone else. Have fun, godspeed, blog a lot. Let's get together when we both get home from vacation, OK?
Post a Comment