The fact that we have our suitcases is a minor miracle to us. Our flight from Portland to Dallas got delayed due to mechanical issues. Our one hour transfer time to the Frankfurt plane got cut down by a lot. How much? Well let’s say when we came out of the Jetway from the Portland flight we 15 minutes to get from concourse A to concourse D. no the train takes to long, so we ran. . . we were 9 gates away from where we needed to be when we heard our names being called over the PA system. YIKES. Got to the gate and walked on, we were the last on the plane, they closed the door behind us, we sat down and the plane was backing away.
Now tell me. . . .would you have taken bets that your luggage would be on that plane?
Our first day has been filled with shopping, getting drugs and someone. . .drinking a lot of ouzo.
OH and the best part was watching the quarter finals in the world cup soccer game, Germany vs Greece. We were at some friend’s house that set up a big screen to watch outside so as the sun was setting we ate Brats & Burgers and true german potatoe salad. It was all so good.
And yes that is war paint on us. They sell these soft crayon things with your team color that you swipe on your cheeks. And I am wearing a Deustchland shirt., Bout it toeday and many other t –shirts that are way too little for me. . . hint hint.
BTW. . Germany won 4-2.
I am so ready for bed. . .the other guy in here IS already in bed. I suspect he is going to have a bad hangover tomorrow.
2 comments:
Too Much Fun!!!
I will probably have to catch up on your blog after I get home from Colorado Springs - I hope we have as much fun (sans the hangover part) (and running to catch an airplane part) as you guys do.
:)
Aren't you glad you've been working out and riding your bike?? Wow!
Post a Comment