
It goes without saying that Mary loves to do theme parties. But Jerry says she goes overboard. But for Mary there is no overboard. Anytime you can make your guests laugh, smile, think, or learn then it is a good party
This year’s HALLOWEEN party was the Rise and Fall of the Greek Roman and Egyptian Empires. .. Toga Party. And there was plenty of laughter and learning. Jerry was Ceasar and Mary was Hera. Don’t know who Hera is. . ..go read your roman mythology books.

Below starts the parade of characters found at the Temple of Bacchus this year.
Children including 5 of the grandchildren, two are missing from the pic, they found the Nana Room (play room) more interesting.
I could never get Korban to settle down and make a nice face. Then he got Joy to do it. . .sigh.


Mason in his Lord of the Rings attire. . . Mason sewed this costume with me. It was wonderful to have an 11 year old boy WANT to sew and with a vision. The best part was seeing him through to the completion of his vision. His brother Colin is next to him. . . .I'm waiting for him to see the light and want an original costume.

My rival . .. another Hera arrived. Alyssa, one of Jerry’s work friends.

My beautiful friend Kim (a work mate of Mary's)

Game #1 decyphering Hieroglyphics to find the Great Alexandria Library. . . . which was not in my family room with the bookshelves, but rather in the BATHROOM.
They are all looking at a Rosetta stone I created. . . .while in a hotel room in Minneapolis. I never pass up a moment to be creative.

Some of Mary’s work friends and balloon friends. Boy do these 4 have history.
The two on the left met at our Pirate Halloween party some. . .. many years ago. Got married and keepcoming to the party each year.

Here we have Little Big Ceasar. Jerry and Abe.

Game #2 Gladiator battles. I wasn’t around to take pictures during the battles so I hope someone shares a pic or two with me.

And some boys never grow out of playing with little people.

Here we have the awards for the Gladiator battle. Brenda (on the left) had her arms chopped off and could not open her prize. I videoed this, it was just too funny.
Thanks for bringing the Lamb to the feast, Brenda!

Game #3 Mazes. . .really hard ones. Here is Niece Susan and Alyssa trying thier hand at them.

The joke costumes
This one was not a joke, David did his own costume for a Gladiator and did a very good job. He won the prize. Complete with Wounds.

Here we have AFRO-ditie, and Orange Julius and hard to tell but with the pizza box you can see Little Ceasar. And in the other picture you get Ceasar Salad (boyfriend to Little Ceasar)

I’m not sure what Janet and Newell were, maybe but the blue togas were. . . .colorful. . . And between them was Cheri as the Templar' wife. . .. we had all kinds.

Here we have Percy in his Marvin the Martian helmet I happened to have in my costume box. Along with the stealth Ninja.

The Host and Hostess looked like this. Rather nice don’t you think?
Note the glasses (readers) hanging from Jerry's tunic neck. This was the biggest take away from the party, Have loaner glasses handy for the guests. Because of the intellect games I had planned many of our friends need to read instructions. Nearly everyone had left thier readers in the car/home. So they were borrowing Jerry's glasses right and left. It was VERY FUNNY.

And then there was the Toga Kick Line. Well part of a kick line anyway.

And after all the guests went home and the girls were left on their own. . . we got silly.

Here we have Charlies Angels? NOT



Mary and sister Cameron and best girlfriend Vicki.
Such Posers. . . . .
And I leave you with the up and coming Posers. . . .gotta keep it in the family ya know.

No comments:
Post a Comment