Friday, May 20, 2011

Dust off the suitcase

Finally, Some true traveling has begun. For too long I have been stuck in the office/home.
And now we get to pull out the suitcases and pack up.
Shadow (the younger cat) has been able to play in her favorite playground. In out in out of the suitcases/backpacks/computer bags.

This week was Minneapolis for work. My Team did a Lake cruise on Lake Minnetonka.
This is a lovely wooden boat that we DID NOT go on, but I liked the look of it.
Here is the Wiki blurb on this boat:In 1990 the Steamboat Minnehaha, was raised from the bottom of Lake Minnetonka and restored. It had been scuttled after the trolley boat service was discontinued in the 1930s. This piece of Lake Minnetonka history once again ferries passengers between the towns of Excelsior and Wayzata as it did over 100 years ago.


Then there were the Swanky houses lining the lake. In fact I don't think I saw one bit of shoreline that was not taken up by a house or a dock. Not at all like Oregon river properties or lake properties.

There were sailing classes going on. Here we have the teacher in the Zodiac boat running around yelling instructions to the students as they tack and tack again to get around a bouy.


This was a nice time to spend with my team members.And a fun Picture of my boss.

Yes he is a very nice boss! and he smiles like that all the time.

Got to do a scavenger hunt and see parts of St Paul & Minneapolis downtown.
Like the Target Field where the Minnesota Twins play.




Another night of awards. . . .we had a whole "Red Carpet" theme going on with Paprazzi's. And here we have some of the team members put into Carboard Dolls. I have plans for this one. . .he will never live down wearing a DIAPER!!




And my team won the scavenger hunt, here we are with our cherished prizes. Look for me to wear the Liberty glasses this next July at the General Canby Days celebration.


OK, so there was a bit of a celebration for my 10 year anniversary with the company.


And back at my "office", you can see the boss man saying. . ."Come on Mary, it's just a building". When you work from home it becomes a cool thing to see an actual office.



And to cap off the whole trip I had a 4hr layover/delay in Seattle. But this was made easier by capturing this pic of St Helens at sunset Thursday eve.




NEXT WEEK CINCINATTI AND KENTUCKY!

2 comments:

jaci said...

What a great shot of Mt. St. Helens! And I love the wooden boat. Very cool. :)

jaci said...

I love the wooden boat! And that shot of Mt. St. Helens is perfect. :)