
Adding something to the bucket list and then immediately crossing it off is not cheating, it only makes the list longer so you have to live longer to complete it.
Rare Earth Adventures had a Groupon that I snagged for Jerry and I for Christmas. After a bit of grumbling, from Jerry, I got us scheduled. The adventure was for a day of Snowshoeing on Mt. Hood or Mt. St. Helen’s. We chose the volcano. This put Jerry into a panic to have the “right” gear so off he went researching and shopping.
As the day approached, Jerry in his usual Boy Scout mode, kept watching the weather. February could give us an assortment of weather here on the valley floor and that can differ completely with what is on a mountain only one hour away.
To say we were lucky is putting it simply. February 19th was absolutely gorgeous on the mountain. The rain was scheduled to come in by 4pm. It arrived a half hour early but by then we were driving on the freeway headed for home.
Our tour had no one else scheduled so we had the guide to ourselves. This is Kevin, from Cleveland Ohio. He has lived in Oregon a mere 5 months and has fallen in love with it. Can’t blame him, can we?
Now sit back and enjoy the views.



I just had to wear my ANIMAL hat and do a photo shoot with him.


I lied, we were n ot the only ones on the trail. . .we found the footprints of Fox & Rabbits and Mice. It was so cool to see exactly where the Fox was going. In fact we found the trails of two fox, where they met each other and then split off from each other.
Here you see how he (the fox) jumped over the creek. IF you click on these photos so you can enlarge them you can see the trails really well.

And here is a mouse trial, note the footprints have a line between them where the trail drags. soooo cute. And then there was the not so cute spider on ice.



If you look carefully into Jerry's sunglasses you will see me on the right side and Kevin on the left side.
Weird. . .I know.

This picture makes me know why I stay in the NW.
No comments:
Post a Comment