Age Check. . . .How many of you remember Heidelberg Beer?
Ok stop chuckling.
Jenny Ritz goes to university in Heidelberg, Germany. We were lucky enough to spend a school day with her. Her classes didn’t start till 2 in the afternoon so we ambled through the castle and a very interesting Apothecary Museum. Drugs. . .Drugs. . .shhhhh mary.
And for those who are not on Facebook. . .I put a caption contest on this one. . .Renee Morgan. . You won.. . ."Boy is that guy hung!"
But let me start with this picture.
This town not only has students swarming everywhere but also a US military base is also here so there is no problem with speaking English everywhere. AND riding bikes everywhere. This is only 1 small area, and we are told there is a 3 story parking structure that can hold 2000 bikes also in this town. You could lose your bike easily in this place.
Now where did I park?
This is in front of the library.
Oh and if you aren’t into the peddle kind of bike, how about this Beemer (BMW).
I also saw this little thing. . .seems in Germany it is required to have a bell/horn on your bike. So many bikes have these squeaky toys on them. I snapped this picture and chuckled . . little did I know. . .
I had the unique opportunity to sit in on one of Jenny’s classes. An English Poetry class. It was wonderful for me. Not only did all the students AND professor speak English but I probably embarrassed Jenny terribly by speaking out on the topic being discussed.
Bad Mary, Bad Mary. . .sit down and shut up. Oh the memories of Sunset high school Social Studies class. (Vicki, hush)
Since I was in the class Jerry & Siggi went wandering. When I came out of the class I went to where I last saw them. Not knowing Jenny was texting her mom to meet me outside the English building. Needless to say we got lost but found again.
And Jerry handed me a present. They had found a bike shop and he got me a turtle squeaky horn for my bike. Awwwwww
The castle here has a unique feature I find intriguing. The pictures do not do it justice. One of the turrets broke off and fell. Not like crumbling away stone by stone. But the whole thing broke off leaving a cut away view of the inside. I wish I could have stayed longer and studied it more.
Our day at university was fun and educational and tasty . . .for you foodies. . .Quiche (very tall one) and salad.
And it ended with us swinging by the car dealership to see Jenny’s new car. She can’t have it till later this week. But we did a photo shoot anyway. Red Car. . . and she drives like her dad! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment