Fashion capital of Italy and some say the world. Hmmmm. . . Here we go to Milan.
It took 2 hours to drive from Lago Garda to Milan. And that includes getting lost inside the district our hotel was suppose to be in.
The cost of the hotel was a lot! And it only had breakfast included. No problem, Jerry was starting to get a habit of having Pizza and Gelato everyday.
Oh the breakfast everymorning there was a full bottle of Prosecco (Champagne)
WE learned the Celsius thermometer finally, only to realize that when it says 40 it is DAMN HOT! Like 104 at home. I was miserable as we did a quick tour around what was suppose to be a “Great area to get clothes”. I gave up went back to the hotel while Siggi & Manfred shopped some more. But they had a very good reason to shop. . . .
Manfred left all his underwear and Tshirts at the hotel in Garda. They were in a drawer they didn’t check. We had a great time teasing him about buying fashionable underwear in Milan.
WE also found that the next day (Wednesday) the Market was going to be literally outside the doors of the hotel. And I do mean that, we could walk 10 steps to the curb and it was like Portland’s Saturday market and it was 10 blocks long.
Here are a few thought provoking pictures grouped by interest.
For my Police friends. . . Italian police don’t go to the Donut shop they go to the Mini Bar.
Female Police hanging out on Dante street, a fashion mall/district. Now think about this. . . Italian ladies WITH GUNS!! in a fashion district. SCARY! Pleae observe the coordinated White Belt with White nightstick and holster. A fashion statement in itself.
Who wants to drive a baby blue police car?
Parking police. . I think they are called Carabeeners?
Police presence at the street market.
Please don’t drink the water.
TOO LATE!
Sculpture found in front of a church. I found it thought provoking.
Street act, first time I have seen a crusader in White face.
Now for the market, here is Jerry’s reaction. . . Oh Shit!
One side of the street was all fresh food. From Salami to Cheese, Flowers to Figs. Even the fish mongers were there. He had a Prawn in his right hand and would wiggle it and shout out “frwesh Feesh, Frwesh FEESH Tu Da E” ok he had fresh fish today but when the temp is 104. ..I will let you imagine what it smelled like at that end of the market.
Jerry took the camera from me so I could get serious. He took so many of me “shopping”. I was disappointed that Italy thinks everyone is Model size. I had to dig for something I could wear. Even Jerry had to purchase (yes he bought stuff) XL shirts.
Modes of transportation. . . we rode the “tram” a lot. Not only was it old but it rattled so much Jerry was ready to jump out and check all the bolts so we wouldn’t lose a wheel.
Bike Rentals. . .
We did not have time to go see the Last Supper, you have to have a reservation and it is so faded you can hardly see it anyway. So here is a pic of how close we got to Leonardo. . . the Pigeon got closer.
This is a typical picture of our decision making. Manfred had a firm idea of the direction to go. Siggi appears to be listening. Jerry is quietly disagreeing. Mary is observing from behind the camera lens.
The decision is made and we start walking.
HA! Everyone goes their own way.
And now finally the art. . well I won’t bore you will all the stain glass photos and church arches, but this sculpture was interesting. I think it might have been an anatomy learning tool. Can you believe someone carved this out of stone!!! not sculpting it out of clay. The detail is mind boggling.
And outside the building we have pidgeons that decided the knee was the best perch.
Finally . . .our Paparazzi’s taking the view of the 4th largest cathedral in the world.
1 comment:
WOW - that sculpture is amazing!
And 40 degrees C??? That's what it was in Colorado Springs when we arrived. I loved it. (No humidity)
Post a Comment