The Faerieworlds festival happened this past weekend. It had moved from the normal August weekend to June. Was it a good move or not? Depends on how you entertained yourself during the deluge on Saturday. Which was flanked on both sides with days in the 70’s.
Highlights. . . . .
A larger influx of Steampunk costumes, including myself and grandsons. We had “tricked out” the Nerf/squirtguns at our friend Abe’s house. I found them some Safari khaki’s and cool hats. A wonderful Deerstalker (aka Sherlock Holmes) hat but as you can see by the pic, Korban wanted nothing to do with it. I would put it on correctly and he would turn it sideways EVERY TIME. I pity his wife, you will never get him to dress up.
Uncle David & Friend Abe, you are going to totally feel Korban's pain.






There were Rocket men, Time lady, my friends Robyn & boyfriend Aaron.


Time lady

The golden girl had a wire Pannier (side bump hoop skirt) covered with gold leaves and things, along with her parasol. weird but interesting.
Then there were animals or what seemed like interesting creatures. This catapillar was wonderful. The kids would follow it around all over the field.
There were Jellyfish thanks to Robyn & Aaron who made them. These entrance people and children alike.
Robyn's Jellyfish
Speaking of entrancing. . . . or more like Enchanting. . .the Children’s area this year was far better arranged than any other year I have attended. The theme was Never Never Land and the Lost Boys Camp. They had their own legitimate stage, puppet stage, craft tent, Juggling camp and even a moss table with toadstool seats. And best of all, there were 11 fairy doors to find in the forest. Kentucky got to try tightrope walking, also Chinese juggling along with Joy. OH and the Pirates shot off a cannon that was full of candy for the kids to catch. Lots of time was spent here.
Kentucky telling mommy about the Fairy door he just found.
The moss table with kids and Cameron at the fairy door just beyond it.
We found some very inventive people that made Gypsy wagons both large and small.
As with any fair I must take pics of costumes and some of my readers are interested in them as well. You may find weird ones and the occasional inspiring ones.
Interesting pair of ladies
Yes those are real bones.
Mermaid
Satyr
Leather Dragon Wings, very cool

A troll out for a stroll

adorable fairy girl, love the dress

Might make something like this for Cameron. . .or me.
Love LOVE this hat, want to figure out how to crochet it
As for my next trip to Fairy land. . .I think I will pass. I saw a few things that I was not comfortable with. Besides I am leaning more toward Steampunk designs. You don’t have to be a skinny, svelt young thing to wear those costumes. I still love Ren Fair stuff but I will now look into the Victorian time period to create variety.
Besides with the grandsons growing older they are beginning to not be into Wings and antenna. I made them all Satyr costumes this year and only Kentucky would wear it. Here they are romping in the meadow. I asked to see their tails and then their horns and this is what I got.
As well as a few other too darn cute ones.


Waiting for the Candy Cannon to shoot.
2 comments:
Hey, nice pics. Where was this again?
Some of the pictures in this blog post are overlapping each other - at least in my browser. Cheers R.
Great photos as always! I'm sorry I have missed it for two years running. Wasn't at all interested in it being in the rain in June... But I love your costumes. You'll have to fill me in on what made you uncomfortable...
ttfn ~
Post a Comment