Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dragons Be Here

Daughter Sarah has been on an adventure for the past few months. She joined her work Dragon Boat rowing team and this weekend is the culmination of all her efforts. I want her to know that not only am I proud of her. . . .but Nana, her Nana, would be just as proud as well. Here are a few shots of the day. From David (Sarah's husband) being David. To grandkids watching thier Aunt Sarah. . . to the race itself. Enjoy, I did.
Yup, that's our son-in-law!
Hawthorne Bridge going up for the Tug.
Stretch out those arms for the Sprint.

Uncle David was sneaking up on Joy as I distracted her to snap a few pics.
Korban & Kentucky down at the water throwing rocks. . . .Boys!. . .

Now for the race. Sarah's boat took 3rd in this heat. Red flag, 3rd boat from the left.In the picture above it is the boat on the right. The Flag grabber (on the head of the boat) has a Viking helmet on. Goooooo Helga!

It's almost as if she posed for me. . . as they rowed back to the dock.

What an awesome day, sunny, fun and full of family. Couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

jaci said...

Awesome Sarah! I have a friend who has done Dragon Boats for years and years (Debbie Williams). I worked for her for a couple years and quickly learned the difference between "rowing" and "paddling". ;) Awesome work, Sarah!!