We have 4 very large trees that were planted next to the house in the front.
This is a pic of two of them last year during the blizzard of '08. In fact, if you look up our address on Google and do the Satellite view these 4 trees are still there. That shows you how old the pic is on Google.
Last year the hedge between our neighbor (10'+ high and 20' long) was removed. As well as the two trees that flanked my office window. Slowly all the shade trees are being removed. Considering all the root issues they caused maybe it is a good thing.

This summer Jerry has on his "to do" list (notice I did not call it a Honey Do list) that he was going to take out the other two trees.
This time I got evidence of him doing it. I didn't get him chopping down the tree. He was pretending to be Paul Bunyon for a day. Then he started trying to dig out the roots. I had said from the beginning he should rent a stump grinder. But Nooooo. .. he didn't want to do that.
He gave in. . . .
A man and his "POWER TOOLS". . . *visions of Tim the Tool man*
At least he still has all his fingers. But I did have to make sure he had safety eye wear, he was going to start up the grinder without protecting his eyes. . .silly man.
What we loose in shade I hope we gain in garden. We already have plans for where more tomatoes and cucumbers will go next year. More blueberries and even, dare I say, an artichoke or two. yum!
For those in the family that are curious. This area is now going to have a fence around it and hide the garbage cans. Till that is completed it will serve as a giant litter box for Monster & Shadow.
1 comment:
We lost all our shade trees after last winter's snow storm, too. But they belonged to the neighbors, not us. So Don didn't get to play with his power tools. So sad.
And my garden... Oh! I love having the sun so I can plant more things!
Post a Comment