(translation: How are you my friends?)
Aye my lord. . .I did faire well this past 4 days. Twas in the great lands of the south that I did find myself. Travel was smooth at first but the city does contain quite rude carriage drivers. It was many a moment that I thought my life was passing afore me. Horses colliding and carriages swerving. The streets of this city are much too small or all that live there. My purpose to travel was to visit the springtime faire at Port Depford, a sea port that boasts many wonderous things as well as local fare.
I went to the LA area to visit the Renaissance Faire.
Two singing groups that were naughty and nice
Balance, dexterity and hilarious antics by Moonie & Broon. My sides did ache and tears filled my eyes as I gaffawed quite un-lady like.
Damn these guys were funny, I bought their DVD’s and CD’s.
Enchantments were around every corner. The Red Dragon did captivate me as well as young folk that braved to touch this fearful creature. Why it did even grumble and schreech when looking for it’s food.
A giant articulated dragon draped through the tree and manipulated by the puppeteer with pulleys and ropes.
One could not pass the washerwomen’s well without finding men draped about. Clothed of course.
My friend KO enjoyed this guy in the actors troupe so I forced her to take a picture with him. I am sure she will enjoy this small momento of the day with her weird friend Mary.
It was most fortuitous for me to find a dear old friend by the name of Roddie. Twas on the Friday before the faire we did trapse the streets for treasures not found at the faire.
More about those finds on my Nanasneedlenook blog, as well as more detail about the costumes I saw.
Games and diversions were all about me. A fine game of bowling there for the wee folk to win at. While the older folk enjoy the Joust. Even the nobles took time to distract themselves with a blindfolded game Towers.
Bowling and Giant Jenga and of course horse warfare.
We did enjoy a view of the Queen as she progressed through Port Depford stopping to have a picnic while courtiers vey for her favors. I was taken aback to see that she did not smile as I would have expected. Mayhaps she has weighty thoughts on her mind due to the Spaniards and their dreaded Armada.
The actress seemed to be scowling when ever I took her picture. Hmmm. . .
With much sorrow I did travel home after all the festivities. I thank my most gracious hostess for providing a bedroll and sustenance as well her companionship while walking the faire. My purse is now small but my luggage is bulging, thus should be the case when visiting Faire. Till next faire time. . . Anon and Faire the well!
Going to the Washington Faire next in august and if I start to plan now I’ll go to the Northern faire in California in September.









1 comment:
It looks to have been a wonderful time. Or is that thyme? Love the costume. And the language. And the whole darn blog. Now I am off to Nana's Nook to see the rest of the story...
Post a Comment