Very Drunk in Hofbrau Haus Munich

Just a little drunk at Jager Haus in Munich
Could this be a Portent of what is to come with 2 weeks in Irish Pubs????
Twenty two years of marriage, 5 kids, countless business trips, a 1,000 yards of fabric in a balloon and assorted accessories, a handful of European vacations. You would think we could pack correctly for whatever adventure we are going to embark on. But NOoooooo, each time we think we are going to outsmart the whole process and each time we find out. . . after the fact. . .that we shoulda, coulda, taken that coat, or pair of shoes or bottle of shampoo, left the curling iron at home, etc.
What we pack isn't really the issue this time. It is what we pack IN that is driving the discussions. Did I say discussions?. . .those of you (should be all of you) that know the Gobet's know that discussion is a kind word for our type of communications. Hey, we can at least laugh at ourselves. . .even if it is After the fact.
This trip we are going to try using duffelbags. They are lighter weight and can stuff more in them. We learned a lesson on one of the German trips and my England/Scotland trip that suitcases are heavy when they are empty. (stop it Sarah. . .I see you giggling. . .she is making a comment about a suitcase she thought I had packed with bricks.) Hopefully a Dufflebag with wheels will fit the occasion this time.
If you have not been bored already by my countless mentionings of our impending trip let me remind you. May 1 we leave at 7am for NY(kennedy) have a 4 hour layover then take off for Dublin, Ireland. Landing on May 2 at 7:30am. This is a rather long trip, but to be sure. . .we are spending those frequent flyer miles wisely on first class seats. Awwww yes thank you, I would like to have a Mimosa at 7:30am while flying. tee hee, little do they know I often have Mimosa's that early in the morning, only AFTER flying.
I have set up this blogspot in an attempt to further my techie ambitions. My latest gadget purchase (Jerry is not the only one with gadgets), is a voice recorder. The kind used for Podcasts. I am going to try and make soundseeing (as opposed to Sightseeing) bites. I will also be snapping pictures and video. The goal is to see if I can access through the Internet cafe's around our locations to drop in pics and sounds for your enjoyment. I won't put a lot, just bits and pieces.
We are hoping it will also be a way for me to dump sound and pics and empty our data cards so we can take more pics.
The voice recorder is really for music. We are hoping to find a lot of music while galloping through the irish countryside. As for pics, I am told that May is a beautiful time to catch all the gardens that are in bloom there. Should be very similar to Oregon in weather and such. (note to self: bring brella and wellies).
You may save this link and visit it when you want, or wait till I make an email announcement to go look. Up to you. If you don't want to know what we are up to. . . .hit that DELETE button now.
Thanks to Shari Gale for encouraging me to keep up the Galloping Gobet's travel log. No thanks to Sarah for rolling her eyes when I mention it.
And to all the Grandkids. . .Kentucky, Korban, Emery, Joy & Josiah, I hope you learn to enjoy travel like your Grandpa & Nana, and learn about the world and be a good citizen to it.
. . . .Now where is that power converter. . . . Honey. . . Do you have my. . . . .?????
Cheers
MG
No comments:
Post a Comment