We took Jerry's parents out for the day to listen to Ompah music. This blog is dedicated to our German family in hopes they will enjoy a good laugh on us.
What is it with Boys & Balloons & Beer? these balloons were over in the children's area. These guys got ahold of them and well. . . . .I didn't have the guts to tell the older guy what it looked like from my angle. I think his wife should have told him.
Speaking of Children's area, I walked past the table and saw they had coloring pages and the ballons and soap carving. There were older folks manning the booth and as I walked up I said "Wonderful, a Kinder Garten!" and one guy says, "No, it is soap carving". I stepped closer and said "No, I said KINDER Garten." and the lady next to him said, "Oh it's for all ages not just kindergarten." again I said " I said Kinder Garten, as in Child's Garden, that is what this is." I walked away. sigh. Between bands there were dance troupe performances.
These were young people that are in the Mt Angel area that do what I would call semi traditional German folk dances. I say Semi cause thier clothes are definately NOT traditional and in one specific case the music is not traditional. This video is totally for my young German friends. Can you believe what they are dancing too?????this song is by the group Ramstein and it is called Du Hast, about a guy wondering if he should marry this girl. (Or get serious with her, depending on how you interpret it.) There was a sweet little ol' lady that was out on the floor dancing with herself. She was so active. Always smiling. I love taking this picture when she found herself a little gentleman to dance with, he ra off to mommy.
And last is the Dirndl line up. It is always fun for me to see homemade and store bought Dirndls and Lederhosen. One of these days I need to sew my own.
How was the sausage? Need to ask Jerry, he is the only one that had sausage. His parents had cabbage rolls and I had a schnitzle sandwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment